After a 2 year hiatus due to COVID, DVE Aquatic will finally run its annual Swimathon this April at WaterMarc.
During the Swimathon, swimmers will aim to complete as many laps as possible of the WaterMarc Aquatic Centre pool over 24 hours. The funds raised go to a local charity that supports young people in our community and continues to support DVE Aquatic.
At the inaugural Swimathon held in 1969, club members swam in an unheated pool. The pool is heated these days, but the achievements are no less impressive. During the last Swimathon, an amazing total of 14,154 laps were swum, equalling almost 353km.
The Swimathon is DVE’s main fundraising activity for the year, with swimmers seeking donations of support from family, friends and local organisations for laps swum. As with many years before, this year we will be supporting local charity Berry Street.
Established in 1877, Berry Street is Victoria’s largest independent child and family services organisation. Berry Street believes in the right of every child to a good childhood, growing up feeling safe, nurtured and with hope for the future.
The Club’s first recorded donation to Berry Street was $200. After almost 50 years, the Club has donated more than $68,000 to charity. To celebrate the partnership between DVE and Berry Street this year, club members are keen to make a splash by raising more than $10,000 for Berry Street.
- attendees can come and go as they please, when you've had enough you can go home and return (we just need to make sure there is a a swimmer in the pool for the 24 hours)
- your squad swimming laps will go towards your total lap count
- all swimmers attending squad swimming will participate in the swimathon
- on the registration page, you dont have to commit to completing the laps you list down, it is just an estimation
- Registration page is for the swimmer
- only one person from the club is required to be in the pool for the whole 24 hours, ie: between midnight and 6am (as in one swimmer finishes, another starts, then swaps over when they've had enough or something to eat or drink)
- come down and have some fun with your friends
- between 12pm and 7am flippers can be used
The 2023 DVE annual Swimathon will be held on Friday April 28th – Saturday 29th at Watermarc Aquatic Centre in Greensborough.
Current DVE Aquatic Members - Nil
Former Diamond Valley, Eltham and DVE Aquatic Members - $10
Non DVE Members - $30
(Cash payable before entering the water, $15 goes directly to Berry Street Vic.)
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO REGISTER.