Brian holds a Silver level coaching licence and has a philosophy that supports competitive swimmers of all ability to achieve their goals. He has extensive coaching experience and has worked with past Australian champions and National coaches. He is currently part of the coaching team for Swimming Victoria’s Development and Talent ID squads.
Brian’s Values for squad swimmers:
• Develop confidence, perseverance, motivation to achieve their best
• Develop discipline, initiative and independence
• Understand and value themselves and respect those around them
• Be aware of their actions and the impact they have
• Accept responsibility for their development as athletes and people
• Implement strategies to overcome challenges and disappointments
• Become responsible members of the community
Brian has achieved the following while at DVE:
• 2009 - Shire of Nillumbik coach of the year award.
• 2011 - Australian swim team coach 2011 Para Pan Pacific Championships Edmonton Canada.
• ASCTA award Placing a swimmer on Australian Team being Nicole Latham
• 2011 Para Pan Pacific Championships Edmonton Canada.
• Victorian State Teams Coach and or Swimmer’s on team. 2013-2014-2015-2016-2017- 2018 and 2019.
• 2018 - 2019 ASCTA VIC Coaching Achievement award. Placing a swimmer on an Australian Team being Tara Kinder.
• 2018 Junior Pan Pacs Suva Fiji.
• 2019 Fina World Junior Championships Budapest Hungary
• 2019-Australian swim team coach 2019 Fina World Junior Championships Budapest Hungary.
• 2019- Coach recognition award for contributing to the career of Australian Dolphin Swim Team representative being Matthew Temple.
• 2019 Fina World Swimming Championships Gwangju South Korea.
Adele first joined DVE as a parent of two swimmers in 2013 but then in September 2014 acquired her Bronze coaching licence. Adele is a committed and passionate member of the coaching team, coaching a senior squad and assists Brian with support to our junior program.
Suzi is a fun, enthusiastic and passionate member of the team who loves all aspects of the sport of swimming. She particularly enjoys working with junior athletes and has a Development (Bronze) qualification.
Brooke is coach of the Development Squad and part coach of the Progressive Squad. Brooke started swimming in 2012 for Myrtleford Swimming Club, before moving to Wangaratta Swimming Club. She has swum at the Victorian Country Championships from 2012 until 2018. Brooke also qualified for her first Victorian State Age Championships in 2014.
Brooke moved to DVE in 2018 and qualified for her first Age Nationals in 2019. Brooke has big hopes for both herself and all the swimmers at DVE. She works hard to guide all her swimmers to develop and become better swimmers, athletes, and people. Brooke is currently studying at Victoria University, and is completing a double degree in Sport Science (Human Movement) and Psychology, to work hand in hand with swim teaching, coaching and her own swimming. Brooke also acquired her Coach of Competitive Strokes in December 2021 to add to her Swim Teacher qualifications.
Angelina has a Teacher of Competitive Swimming and is also a DVE Swimming Parent. Angelina is a supportive member of the DVE Coaching team and fills in when required. Angelina likes to see young swimmers enjoy the benefits of being active in water and to help them improve their swimming skills. Angelina is a former competitive swimmer and competed to State and National level during her high school and university years. Away from the pool Angelina works professionally as a Product Manager for Origin Energy. She is also a busy mum of two active children.
Bob is in his 40th year as a member of DVE Aquatic/Diamond Valley Swimming Club and has been coaching junior and pre-squad swimmers for over 30 years. Bob focuses on stroke correction and improvement at his session at Van Dyk’s pool in Greensborough. He particularly enjoys encouraging junior swimmers to develop their swimming techniques in preparation to progress to a squad program. Bob is also a level 2 State Swimming Referee and for over 10 years was the Chief Referee for Swimming Victoria Metro North district.